This project was for school but also had another purpose which gave me a some extra motivation.
I used Maya for everything. More specifically for the pearl material i used the samplerinfo node in Maya, this worked out very well. The ring material uses a MIA material. I’m actually very satisfied with the final image and my mother enjoyed it as a present as well. I printed it on a canvas and then gave it to her on her birthday. Because it was for a still image I didn’t mind the high poly count.
The hard part during this project was actually to get the pearl material just right. It needed some tweaking before I got it right. The other parts of this project just fell into place.