Project Name: Candle Light

Software used: Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop

What I did: Everything

A Diablo style candle

This was a school project where the aim was to make a sub surface scattering material. My choice was to do a candle with a old feeling.

lightlow-wire I found a candle on a homepage for Diablo 3 and that became my inspiration. I tried to make a similar one. My result came close to what I was aiming at and the only thing it’s missing is a skull underneath it.

I used Maya for the basic sculpture and then switched over to Zbrush for the details. Back in Maya I finished up with the shader and rendering. I tweaked the shader to get it just right.